Tuesday, April 15, 2014


Tuesday 15th April 2014

How time flies. It’s been over three months since I last blogged.  So what?  John Locke who sells millions of fiction ebooks only blogs a couple of times a year.  What’s good for that John is good enough for this John.
I’ve been thinking about Blogging and wondering about all these people who spend their life Blogging.  And from what I can gather they write about all kinds of stuff a lot of which I reckon would bore the backside of many people.
Why do they do it?  Is it some kind of compulsive obsessive that makes them do it?  Or are they just know-all pains in the bum who like to show the world how much they know about something?
I am a writer so supposedly I should love to do it but frankly while I can sit down and write about Steve Conway’s misadventures when it comes to finding something to blog about, as you can see if you have read this far, I’ve got bugger all to write about.  I look back on previous blogs and see I was bleating about my health problems…and I am here complaining about what bloggers write!
Things have been quiet in recent times as I have lazily danced around the writing of Conway’s latest adventures set in China in “The Last Rickshaw”.  I don’t know about these bloggers but I do know that many novelists (me included) can find 100 things to do rather than write.  To be brutally honest it’s fear of failure.  Will this one be as good as the last? Will it be as popular? Bring in a wider audience? Or will it be regarded as a load of crap that won’t rate at all. Of course there’s only one way to find out and that’s to write the damn thing.
To be perfectly honest I like writing Conway.  I can see him and hear him.  I actually like him and wish I was more like him. I think a lot of novelists feel the same way about their characters.  I bet a shrink could explain it all to me but for the moment I will continue to avoid any professional critique, it might damage my ego beyond repair.
At the time of writing Conway is in Shanghai.  The Down Under Corporation for whom he works has decided to move into China and have selected the exotic and booming city of Shanghai to put up their shingle and have sent Conway in to scout out locations.
He’s hardly hit the place when he meets a beautiful (of course) Chinese woman who happens to work for the biggest gangster in town.  Conway doesn’t know that yet but he is soon to find out and once again find himself in the….well, a lot of trouble.
I hope you will bear with me while I figure out how to get him out of this current strife and be there when at the end…all is revealed.

Thanks for reading my books and for your kind words…you’re the best.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment