Friday, July 26, 2013


Hello Everyone,
Yes, I know I have been pretty slack of late. It’s been months since I last blogged.  Having read quite a few blogs by others which often seem nothing more than an exercise in self-indulgence, I’m conscious of trying not to do the same. 
I am happy and relieved to tell you that The Last Tuk Tuk to Bang Na has been very well received, some even saying they felt it was my best book yet.  However as we all know, taste is subjective and each seems to have it’s particular following among readers.  Personally, I am loath to choose  a favourite, I leave that up to you.
I was going to leave the Conway series at a trilogy but the response from you and interest in Steve’s adventures has me now writing a fourth book, tentatively entitled, “The Last Rickshaw”.   From the title you will realise it is set in China…well, that’s the idea but in process of writing a novel things  change.  Often, even I don’t know what is going to happen next.  It’s a weird experience at times but as I write it unfolds in my mind like a movie.   I can see the characters, what they are doing and saying.  But as American writer Elmore Leonard said, “writing is rewriting” and I do plenty of that.  My mantra is “Review, Revise and Rewrite”.
Thank you all for your kind remarks for all of my books. It is so gratifying and humbling to know that they are so well received by both men…and women.
Bye for now and see you in the next book.
John

Saigon.  July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment