Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hello all,

With this new website I have now dipped my toe tentatively further into the world of digital technology. Well, I haven’t done too much dipping; the work was all done by my brilliant, young Filipino website designer, Raffy Limon.  Without Raffy the website would still be an unfulfilled dream.
Like most authors, I prefer to write and am really dragged kicking and screaming into promotion.  But sadly the truth is today, authors have to spend as much time in promoting one’s “masterpiece” as in the writing.
So with the website, also comes the Facebook page, John J Pullinger Author.  Sounds impressive doesn’t it?  I had a Facebook page previously but somehow stuffed it up and it had no provision to invite “friends”. So I never had any idea if I had any friends or not.  Raffy set up the Facebook page too so now I can boldly go forth and let the world of Facebook know I am back in business.
He also set up Twitter.  I had a Twitter account previously but never used it much as I had no idea how to tweet. (still don’t). Maybe I should ask Shane Warne for some tips.  For those who don’t know, Shane Warne is an Australian cricketer who seems to spend all his time these days tweeting.…what’s cricket?   Maybe I will leave that for another time.
I hope you enjoy my books as much as I do writing them.  Steve Conway, a rather two-fisted character, seems to be gathering a growing legion of female fans.  I think I need to ask him for a few tips.

See you again soon
John

1 comment: